Make a Difference
Help stop food waste in Yellowknife
Volunteering with Food Rescue Yellowknife is a rewarding and humbling experience and we are grateful for any time you can offer. We will work with you to understand how you can contribute to the ongoing success of Food Rescue Yellowknife.
Reasons to Volunteer
By volunteering at Food Rescue Yellowknife, you will be:
- Helping those in need of food security
- Supporting local social organizations in the community
- Reducing food wastage
- Collaborating with local Yellowknife partners
- Conserving the environment
- Encouraging recycling and composting
Between June 2008 and March 2021 Food Rescue recovered over 1.6 million kilograms of food, which would be equivalent to 145 school buses.
Food Rescue operated 237 days from April 6, 2020 to March 31, 2021, and brought in an average of 508.8 kilograms/day.
Since 2009 Food Rescue has been part of the City composting program.